The program lasts for 7 months (November 2015 – May 2016) and it is split into 10 sections. Each section goals are specifically set and covered through lectures and workshops. The topics we covered are directly aimed at business idea development, so that you can implement all knowledge and insights into your work.
Lecturers are relevant and competent experts in related areas, with been there – done that approach, with experience and advices that can help you try to avoid mistakes the first time entrepreneurs usually make.
Section 1. Program introduction
- ICT Hub – introduction, team, support… What to expect?
- How to start the startup story – ICT Hub founders’ angle
- The marshmallow challenge
Tenants are introduced to support they get from the ICT Hub in their idea development process. Feel at home!
Section 2. Idea and its development
- Entrepreneurial mindset for problem solving
- Design thinking
- Lean methodology basics
- Business model and business model canvas
- Team – importance and team development
To get insight into what good idea is all about and how it reflex entrepreneur and its thinking about problem solution. Introduction to the tools needed to translate idea into successful business. New entrepreneur is born!
Section 3. IT entrepreneurs in Serbia
- Legal framework for doing IT business in Serbia
- Accounting framework for doing IT business in Serbia
- IP rights protection
- The role of failure in building a startup – understand the role of failure
To get the answers on how and when to register company, how to keep your book straight, how to handle all legal issues. To understand the role of failure in building a startup. Readiness to cope with the challenges ahead of your work!
Section 4. Customer development
- Customer Development – introduction
- Customer Development – How to speak CustDev
- The Mom Test
First name basis with your customers – who they are and how to reach them.
Section 5. Product development
- Product development – introduction
- What is MVP?
- Agile software development
- SCRUM and user cases
Clear direction to product development and methods available to do that.
Section 6. Revenue models
- Market opportunity sizing
- Revenue streams and pricing models
- B2B sales strategy
To get the answers what does your market look like and how to reach out to your customers. Hints on monetizing idea.
Section 7. Sales – traction and growth
- Go-to-market strategy
- Customer acquisition channels
- First customers – who they are and how to seal the deal?
- Introduction to traction channels – exploring what works for your business
- Traction channels experiments – analytical framework and measuring results (success indicators and KPIs)
- Branding startup
Learn online seals specifics and how to close the first sale. Introduce the different traction channels and experiment in a safe environment, by trying new tools and techniques. How to brand yourself from the start and why that is important.
Idea Progress Review
Section 8. Startup finance
- Startup finance – terminology and metrics
- Startup valuation
- Investment deck
To understand all financial segments of doing business, financial analysis, business valuation process, understand the investor logic on startup. To view the startup potentials from investor (external) point of view.
Section 9. Startup funding
- Bootstrapping vs Fundraising
- What is an investment and how to get one?
- Legal framework for startup funding (investment implications, term sheet)
- Grants and application process
To introduce various sources of startup financing and how to prepare your business for funding and changes after the funding.
Section 10. Demo day
- Elements of good pitch
- And practice, practice, practice…
Ready to pitch to investors, buyers, and any other stakeholder of your business.